Getting To Know Me
My name is Kate, and I am Domestically Challenged. I am also known as “Mom” to my two children. I work full-time as a freelance marketer while trying to keep my children happy and healthy.
My kids mean everything to me. Their laughs, personalities, and funny outlook on things keep me going.
I am starting a completely new chapter in my life and am looking to connect and share with others. In February of 2013, my marriage of 9 years ended. At first I felt like I was on my own and unequipped to handle what life had to throw at me. But in the time that has passed I have taken ground and am finding my new-found independence pretty inspiring.
One of the few positive things I have to say about my ex is that he ran a tight ship and was very clean. He wanted things to look a certain way and had no issues to putting in the work to make it look how he envisioned. My children and I have relocated to a cute bungalow that needs a ton of TLC to get it the way I want it to look. Unfortunately due to lack of time, finances and personal distractions maintaining our house has been a struggle as I try to get my life back together.
With the passing of my thirty-first birthday I made a resolution to make my house a nurturing home. My mother (who will always refer to me as Katherine no matter how many times I ask her to stop) has been a great source of support, but I know it is now time to start tackling life’s big and small challenges on my own. My mother was a cleaning lady for 24 years before she retired and has shared much of her wisdom with me. I haven’t ever really had to dip my toes into the cleaning pond, but using my mom’s cleaning tips and tricks I am making a go of it.
If you are a single parent like me, I hope you’ll share in my adventures of cleaning and becoming a domestic goddess. I will be sharing my escapades as I go and am always looking for advice and tips to help make cleaning fun!
I look forward to getting to know you!
Drop me a line anytime to share your ideas, stories and thoughts about becoming domesticated!
15 random things about me!
- Fall is my favorite season. The cool breeze and beautiful colors remind me of the simple things.
- I love my job as a marketing professional and am passionate about what I do.
- I have had 6 cats in my life so far; right now I own a black fat male named Meko.
- I am frugal! I love saving money and I am on the constant quest to find a great deal or bargain.
- I love all music, except for Jazz and Metal. If I find a song I love I will listen to it constantly on repeat.
- The majority of my diet consists of chocolate or chocolate flavored items (don’t tell my kids)!
- I hate crowds. I can’t stand it when people get in my personal comfort space. Arms length please!
- Motherhood made me mature instantly.
- I have a hot bath whenever I get the time!
- My children make me smile more than anything else.
- I love the show The Office.
- I am open to falling in love again.
- I worry too much about what others may be thinking of me.
- Everything I do takes time and effort. I am slowly learning to be ok with that.
- I can eat a family-sized bag of chips in one sitting, especially salt and vinegar, dill pickle, sour cream… ok pretty much any flavor.